Okay, it's like, super late, so I'm going to make this quick.
All right, today was a nice time. We had difficulty waking up, which was sort of funny, because that never happens to me. (Laura) After another fabu breakfast, we hung about until I started getting antsy. Then, I meowed. Yes, like a cat. Just like my cat, Danger, if any of you know him. Marissa grinned, and pretended to squirt me, just like we do when our cats get frisky. Finally, an hour after our planned departure time, we finally got out the door. I laughed when the GPS was being retarded. (Mum said so herself!) But, we somehow stumbled right into where we meant to go! Yay us?
I can't remember what it was called, but it was like, Grande Square Plaza, or something like that.
Well, in any case, it's near the royal Belgium Palace. (The one that the royal family uses when they come to Brussels for buisiness, or whatever. What DO they do, anyways?) So, we went up the hill to the palace. Very grand, old Fench-looking, and huge. We only were aloud to explore the first floor, but let me tell you, it was more than enough. Guards were everywhere, making sure that noone took pictures, slid down the banasters, or stared to long at anything in particular. (Especially the secret doors that weren't really that hard to spot. :P )
Lots of interesting nooks and cranies, murals and ceiling paintings, furnature and carvings... Oh, and a green jewel bug room. WHAT? Yes, that was interesting, but you see, the ball room was-
Okay, okay, I'll tell you about the green jewel bug room! Y'know those jewel beattles that are really pretty, usually green and glittery? Well, imagine 1.4 MILLION of those all pasted to the ceiling of a grand ball room, and you're about half way there. I mean, you'd look up, and it was like falling into a sea of dead green bugs! Er, how about something more poetic... When you looked up, it was like watching an early morning meadow, dripping in dew, sway under a stiff wind. Heh, that's better, isn't it?
After the palace (we made a pit stop in the royal guest restrooms- cool or what? XP ), we had a fantastic picnic in a statue park, with a wonderful fountain, and local work people soaking up the (apparently rare) rays. It was fantastic! After that, we crawled around the town a bit, sluggish because of the bright sun. The cross-walks were made of white stone, because the roads were cobble-stone! Cool, right?
So, yeah, that was the high-light of the day. Came back, had dinner, lounged around a little more, worked on more sewing projects, and it's just about time to sleep.
This is MY kind of vacation! <3
PS: I finally got around to taking some pictures, aren't you all proud?! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment